Water & Sewer
Pay Your Water Bill
As a convenience, Harris County MUD 500 offers a number of different payment options. See the descriptions below to find the method that works best for you. These options are for paying your water bills only. Tax payments must be made through the Tax Office. Please click here for additional information regarding HC MUD 500 internal district tax matters.
You may now pay via credit/debit/prepaid card or eCheck. American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are all accepted. Listed below are our available options for your convenience:
• Web payments can be made using the online payment portal.
Automatic Monthly Payments
• Log onto the online payment portal or contact EDP at 832-467-1599 to sign up for auto payments. You can select your payment method, enter your due date of the 15th, and the payment amount. Each month, you will receive an email confirming the payment was successful.
Live Agent Assisted Payments
• Please call 832-467-1599 (Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM, CST).
• Enclose payment stub with your check or money order in the return envelope provided. Please allow ample time to ensure delivery before the due date. Mail your payment, addressed to Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 500, to P.O. Box 690928, Houston, TX 77269.
• Our two office locations are 17495 Village Green Drive, Houston, TX 77040 and 2035 FM 359, Suite I, Richmond, TX 77406.
Night Drop Box
• Both office locations have a drop box slot on the front door. In addition, there is a drop box on the gate located at 15903 Squyres Road, Spring, TX 77379. Please insert a check or money order, along with the payment stub, in the return envelope. Our payment processing department will post the payment the following business day.
Online Bill Pay Through Your Financial Institution
• Payments can be made via your at-home internet service. Please allow 7-10 business days, prior to the due date, for the payment to be received.
First Billing Services assesses a convenience fee for each credit, debit, prepaid card and eCheck transaction. Card transactions will be assessed a 3.99% fee. One-time eCheck transactions will be assessed a $1.99 fee, and recurring eCheck transactions will be assessed a $1.00 fee.
For more information or assistance with registration, Call EDP at 832-467-1599 Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm CST.
Electronic payment options should not be utilized for delinquent accounts. The above options are not available for non‐sufficient fund items or terminated service payments. Customers with non‐sufficient fund items and terminated service must come to an EDP office with a cashier’s check or money order to settle their accounts. Payments made on accounts that have been disconnected for delinquent bill MUST be made only at the customer service office by money order or cashier’s check to restore service.